Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Open my eyes it was only just a dream...

"You alone are my strength, my shield. To you alone may my spirit yield. You alone are a real joy giver and the apple of my eye."
Do certain songs remind you of people? I always start singing a song & then think of some memory that goes along with it... As the Deer {above song} always reminds me of the good 'ol days at the farm with Elsie. Me-an how time flies, so much has changed since then!!

Speaking of things changing...funny how much life changes and we don't even realize it until after the fact. Friends come & friends go, lifestyles change, ways of thinking change, our looks differ and in the midst of it all we become who we are today. I was thinking back to how things used to be-just being a kid, playing with dolls & pollypockets&who knows what, things were always so simple. The biggest "problems" in our lives were simple things..really nothing. Sometimes i wish i could go back to those days, but more often than not i am most perfectly content with who i am & where i find myself now.
I'll be 16 in a couple of days. Me-an i'm almost a grandma ;) Guess that means i'll have to start being a rebel now.. hehe... Really though it makes me laugh when people think that turning a certain age will change everything. I usually don't look forward to birthdays because they are more embaressing than anything else-everyone calling attention to me. barf! For some reason though this year i AM looking forward to it as long as people don't do anything too mortifying! Knowing my friends though-something is bound to happen.
{My Hero. It's nearing valentines day!}
Later,brooke

No comments: